Two RTG Postdoc Positions Announced in Math at Michigan State University
Michigan State University, Posted: July 19, 2023
The Department of Mathematics at Michigan State University invites applications for two RTG Postdoctoral Associate positions with a starting date of Fall 2024. This is a three-year, benefits eligible position, associated with the NSF-funded RTG project “Algebraic and Geometric Topology at Michigan State.” Topology at MSU is represented by a vibrant group of faculty and graduate students; a group with rich interaction amongst not only its members but also with the closely connected research groups at MSU in geometry and algebra. RTG Postdoctoral Associates will be integrated into the topology group through pairing with faculty mentors, participation and co-leadership in RTG activities, vertically integrated structured research projects, thoughtful curation of teaching assignments, and engagement in the department’s active instructional mentoring program. Candidates will be evaluated on their potential in research, teaching, graduate and undergraduate mentorship, and their fit with the topology research community at MSU. Candidates are required to have a Ph.D. in Mathematics by August 10, 2024. Due to NSF rules, the position is restricted to US citizens, nationals, or permanent residents.
Some features of the RTG postdoctoral position include:• Mentoring in research, teaching, and other aspects of professional development
• Summer support for two summers • Funding in the amount of $6000 per year for travel and supplies
• A teaching expectation of one course per semester
• Participation in RTG activities such as seminars, conference organization, research collaboration with graduate students and faculty, and assisting with mentoring and directed reading programs for undergraduates
Applicants should submit the following items on Mathjobs.org to complete their application:• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Research Statement
• Teaching Statement
• Four Reference Letters with at least one of which addresses teaching (Letters to be submitted online by the reference writers at Mathjobs.org posting)
Applicants must submit their application materials via Mathjobs.org at https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/22660.
Review of applications will begin on December 1, 2023, and will continue until the positions are filled. A background check is required for employment. Appointments will be renewed annually for up to three years, contingent on satisfactory performance.
For questions or further information:
• Teena Gerhardt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Matthew Hedden (email@example.com)
• Effie Kalfagianni (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Matthew Stoffregen (email@example.com)
Department Website: https://math.msu.edu/
Department of Mathematics
Michigan State University
619 Red Cedar Road, C212 Wells Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824
MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer and is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. The University actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities. MSU is committed to providing a work environment that supports employees' work and personal life, and offers employment assistance to the spouse or partner of candidates for faculty and academic staff positions.