Tenure-Track Open Rank Position in Math Education Announced at Washington State University
Posted: February 6, 2023
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Washington State University invites
applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Pullman, WA, with a specialty in Mathematics
Education at the Assistant or Associate Professor level beginning Fall 2023. We seek applicants
who have an established or emerging research record in areas at the intersection of social justice,
mathematics, and mathematics education.
Expected duties include developing a funded research program, mentoring graduate students, and
teaching courses in teacher preparation and graduate courses in Mathematics Education. The
typical teaching load for a tenure-track faculty is 3 courses per academic year.
Priority will be given to applicants who submit materials electronically by November 14, 2022.
For a more comprehensive description and to apply, visit wsu.edu/jobs, select your appropriate
employment status, and search for R-7640.
• Earned Ph.D. in Mathematics or Mathematics Education or a closely related field is
required before the start of the position
• Research or experience with developing a mathematical culture or curriculum that better
serves students from under-represented groups in STEM disciplines
• Demonstrated commitment to campus diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
• For those with a PhD in Mathematics Education, having completed a MS in Mathematics
The following materials are required for the application:
• A cover letter addressing qualifications for this position. In particular, please address how
your mathematics background and coursework prepares you for a position in a
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
• Curriculum vitae
• Teaching statement
• Research/Scholarship statement
• Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion statement
• Names, addresses, and contact information of at least three references
Inquiries should be directed to Prof. Lynn Schreyer, email@example.com
WSU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Members of ethnic minorities,
women, veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are strongly encouraged